This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need some help with a custom Spanning Tree Alert

In the Alert Manager, does anyone know how to setup a custom alert with a trigger condtion for a specific or non-specifc value in an OID?

Basically I am trying to send an alert to my syslog server anytime the spanning tree role changes for any port.  I know the OID to use which bascially gives a raw integer value of 1 to 6.  I have setup the poller with the OID and enumerated the values for root, alternate, etc. 

I have tried adding a simple trigger in the alert, that says "System OID is equal to 1.3.6.1.4.1.5624.1.2.28.1.3.1.1.10" but I dont get any alerts from the nodes, nor can I set which integer I want to alert or where to enumerate them.

Has anyone else tried this?  I have searched the forums with no luck, so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.