This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

historical report for recieve % utilization for circuit running over 90%

I'd like to run a report which will display %Utilization for circuits running over 90% in the past few days. In the same report i would also like to to know when (date/time) the circuit was running over 90% in the past 7 days.

• You could setup a new historical interface traffic report something like this:

This will show all that were over 90% tx or rx in past 7 days summarized by the hour.

• Can i filter the results to only show the nodes between 7 am - 6 pm instead of entire day for the past 7 days.

• Sure you can by adding some additional filters... this is a pic from another post but fits the kind of time or day filter that you would also want to add to the report... use the Day or Week or Time of Day part of the filter... it takes a little practice but the more you work with report writer the easier it gets.  It's not perfect and you can't do everything in report writer but it's improved much over the years.

• One of the fields selected is the Rec Percent Utilization and i am using an Average function. How is it calculated. I would like to get the Average value for the circuit for the entire week but i am getting multiple entries for the nodes for the same day instead of just showing the node once with the Average value.

• If you don't want it summarized by day turn off the summarize by day part and it will just show one line with average for the 7 day period :}

• How are the values (Rec Percent Util) calculated. What metrics are being used here. The values calculated don't look correct. If i look at one of the nodes historical graph in NPM Receive % Util graph stays most of the time below 40 % but the calculated value in the report calculates it as above 90%. Do you know of any bug in this report? I have an active maintenance contract with Solar winds and can open a case if you think there's a bug.

• It could be because it's only a peak for a short time above 90% and the report is showing those interfaces that peak above 90%... sometimes I run a report and include columns for avg. and max and show it summarized by the hour over the course of a day... but ur right if it really looks like it's not matching up you could open a case... I've seen other people have concerns just like yours before but from my experience NPM is displaying the correct data from the polled data stored in the database.  For sure my max or peaks are much different (higher) than the averages I usually have on circuits because the interfaces aren't constantly sending the same about of traffic in my case.