15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 3:26 PM by ecklerwr1

Upgrading NPM from 9.5. to 9.5.1

Hi Folks,

This is bharath, working on solarwinds NPM 9.5 and planning to upgrade to 9.5.1.

I am already having bits of 9.5.1 and Kindly let me know whether I need to uninstall the 9.5.0 and then install 9.5.1 or else once I run 9.5.1 bits .exe it will automatically stops the service and upgrades it to the latest version after providing Serial No. and product No. Also let me know whether I need to stop any database or application service before doing the same.

Also let me know the procedure if anything I need to take up before doing the upgradation

Need your help on urgent basis.

Thanks in advance....

Warm Regards

Bharath

• Re: Upgrading NPM from 9.5. to 9.5.1
          ecklerwr1

I too am interested in what I'm going to have to go through to upgrade from NPM 9.5SP2 to 9.5.1... could it really be as easy as just running the setup from uncompressed folder on NPM machine?

Hi Anybody there to help me out in upgrading NPM from 9.5 to 9.5.1

Thanks and Regards

Bharath

pacetti

Bharath,

Are you currently on maintenance? If so, you should find a download of NPM 9.5.1 in your Customer Portal.

ecklerwr1

Andrew-

Yeah we have the version the questions were like mine above:

I too am interested in what I'm going to have to go through to upgrade from NPM 9.5SP2 to 9.5.1... could it really be as easy as just running the setup from uncompressed folder on NPM machine?

Or is there going to be a whole lot more than that involved???

This is all my instructions say:

Thank you for purchasing SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor V9.5.1.

To install the product:
                      1. Unzip the file to a convenient location. It is imperative that you unzip the files. The setup program may not install correctly unless run from an uncompressed folder.

2. Run SolarWinds-Orion-9.5.1-SL500.exe.

3. Documentation for your product can be found in the Documentation folder. (The only docs in the zip are the generic regular pdf guides)

SLXer

While i know this goes without saying but ill say it anway. 9.5.1 makes changes to the database. The updated database is incompatible with 9.5.0. just FYI

One of our servers has been having significant issues for 3 weeks now after a 9.5.1 upgrade. No comment on the value of Solarwinds support. Looks like its time for the clean install.

ecklerwr1

This is the kind of thing I like to know about... when something doesn't exactly go as planned.  I'm sure some of these are greatly magnified by the scale of polling being done.  I would assume if you are pushing the limits of the s/w to begin with that any little change could effect how things scale.