This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrading NPM from 9.5. to 9.5.1

Hi Folks,

This is bharath, working on solarwinds NPM 9.5 and planning to upgrade to 9.5.1.

I am already having bits of 9.5.1 and Kindly let me know whether I need to uninstall the 9.5.0 and then install 9.5.1 or else once I run 9.5.1 bits .exe it will automatically stops the service and upgrades it to the latest version after providing Serial No. and product No. Also let me know whether I need to stop any database or application service before doing the same.

Also let me know the procedure if anything I need to take up before doing the upgradation

Need your help on urgent basis.

Thanks in advance....

Warm Regards

Bharath

• I too am interested in what I'm going to have to go through to upgrade from NPM 9.5SP2 to 9.5.1... could it really be as easy as just running the setup from uncompressed folder on NPM machine?

• Hi Anybody there to help me out in upgrading NPM from 9.5 to 9.5.1

Thanks and Regards

Bharath

• Bharath,

Are you currently on maintenance? If so, you should find a download of NPM 9.5.1 in your Customer Portal.

• Andrew-

Yeah we have the version the questions were like mine above:

I too am interested in what I'm going to have to go through to upgrade from NPM 9.5SP2 to 9.5.1... could it really be as easy as just running the setup from uncompressed folder on NPM machine?

Or is there going to be a whole lot more than that involved???

This is all my instructions say:

Thank you for purchasing SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor V9.5.1.

To install the product:
    1. Unzip the file to a convenient location. It is imperative that you unzip the files. The setup program may not install correctly unless run from an uncompressed folder.

2. Run SolarWinds-Orion-9.5.1-SL500.exe.

3. Documentation for your product can be found in the Documentation folder. (The only docs in the zip are the generic regular pdf guides)

• Hi Bill--

Andrew asked me to write you back b/c I just upgraded to 9.5.1 this morning and it really is that simple. I just ran the .exe file followed the prompts.  It's always a good idea to follow the instructions in the documentation, so do take a look there first--especially since you are dealing with a larger install base that I am. But it was very simple.

Let me know how that works for you.

M

• do i need to re-run the setup for my modules?

I currently have NCM and NTA running on my NPM 9.5

• Hi All,

Still having some confusion about upgrading to higher version. Kindly help me in this regard as early as possible.

Thanks and Regards

Bharath

• Thanks Marie... and cute doggie :}

• If you are currently running your modules on Orion NPM 9.5, you should upgrade to 9.5.1 first, complete the configuration wizard, and then complete modules upgrades and configuration. As Marie indicated, module documentation should provide upgrade instructions.

• I'm already running NTA3.6RC3 which from what I've been told is the same as the actual release.... so according to your post I should only have to run my 9.5.1_SL500 .exe on my NPM SP2 and everything should be taken care of for me.  Since NTA is NTA3.6RC3 and same as release then I shouldn't have to do ne thing else correct?  I'm assuming the NPM9.5.1 setup should detect my already licensed 9.5SP2 and I shouldn't have to do ne thing but let the install finish?  By this I mean I shouldn't have to mess around with the licenses at all.  I already went through having to use a new license from the portal to get NTA3.6RC3 to install.