This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring values within a HTTP page

I am not sure if this question belongs here or in the APM section and I am not sure which tool would be best to achieve what I am trying to do.

We currently monitor our data centre air conditioners via SNMP. From this we alert on temperature alarms, graph trends for capacity management, etc. We have taken up managing of a data centre with air conditioners that only provide a HTTP interface and the vendor has advised us that we can not monitor by SNMP. I have considered writting a perl/bash script to grab the page, parse it and SNMP trap the values to our Solarwinds servers but there has got to be an easier way to do this. Can Solarwinds do this natively or am I going to have to hack a solution?

Cheers!

• Rather than having your perl script parse the page and trap on it why not plug the parsing scripting into an APM 'Windows Script' component and have it return statistic directly into Orion?  I have something similar set up which we are using in combination with a JMX 2 HTTP gateway service that we wrote to poll JMX data from Java apps.  The script does the HTTP request, gets/parses the data and returns it to Orion.

Thanks,

Ken