This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA able to do behavior based analysis

Is NTA able to do any type of bahavior analysis on netflow data to do alerting and reporting on?

Working with Lancope Stealth watch they are able to report on and alert on anomolies in netflow traffic after baselineing the network for a few weeks this is a great security tool for finding outbreaks and attacks.

This would be something my company is very intrested in knowing if Solarwinds is looking into this.

• Anyone from Solarwinds want to chime in and follow up on this?

• This is NOT possible today, but we'll definitely keep this on our radar.

• This is possible today? If so how?

If not any chance this can be more then just put on the radar and start being put on a path to a when will it be available? NTA is great for seeing what traffic is going on the network just wish it could do a little more to allow some alerting.

Having netflwo alert me when something really changes in the way traffic flows through my network seems like a real plus.

Hope behavior analysis in NTA becomes a more importat upgrade to NTA then just a blip on the radar.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to profzoom1

If behavioral does come I hope it would be a separate module to be licensed to keep base NTA affordable.  Behavioral based Netflow, depending how in depth the system is, can be extremely, jaw dropping, expensive. 

• If not any chance this can be more then just put on the radar and start being put on a path to a when will it be available? NTA is great for seeing what traffic is going on the network just wish it could do a little more to allow some alerting.

Having netflwo alert me when something really changes in the way traffic flows through my network seems like a real plus.

Hope behavior analysis in NTA becomes a more importat upgrade to NTA then just a blip on the radar.

We're already working on enhancing our infrastructure to support alerting, but this will require changes across several releases.  This will certainly be one of the use-cases we look at once the infrastructure is available to support it.