6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 4:32 PM by ecklerwr1

Bandwidth icons on maps?

meddle01

Hello,

Was wondering if, on Network Maps, you can display bandwidth % used icons on lines/links - much like you see on the Interface Graphs (Receive/Transmit realtime % used)?  

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

J

• Re: Bandwidth icons on maps?
          bshopp

You can do this by extending the hover over tool tips, see Extending the hover-over pop-ups on mapsfor more info

meddle01

Thanks.  I knew about customizing tooltips, but a client wants to have these statistics available on the map itself, so when you look at the map you see them on there all the time, which I admit would be a nice feature.   I don't think there is any way to do this, but I thought I would ask.  It would be a nice feature to enable this as a "Link (line) Description" then be able to edit the field that the lines between nodes on a map reports, ie. # bandwidth transmit, recieve, or combined total in use.

Thanks

bshopp

You can also use variables within map labels as well and those will always be displayed on the map, see here for the variables supported

sotherls

We are doing something similar on our maps using custom properties. What I did was create a few CP's for the nodes (this can be done for the interfaces as well) and then using SQL jobs, calculate the bandwidth usage percentage and push this into the Nodes table. The CP can then be added to the link or node on the map. Works quite well. In this shot the %'s are the calcuated CP's.

InUtil: ${InBoundUtil} %
                    OutUtil: ${OutBoundUtil} %

meddle01

That's cool.   I think this will be the answer we could use, I'll give this a try!

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'll give it a go.

/J

ecklerwr1

@meddle01-

I actually do this myself with the map hoverovers you configure by hitting edit in the corner on your map then the Edit Map Tooltips... then here is what my interface configuration looks like:

Last Change: ${LastChange}
                            ${OutBandwidth}

It works well for me to quickly see what the Bandwidth is on an interface from the map and also let me know the last time the interface changed state.