12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 1:56 PM by charpham

Is it possible to get  a results  from following sql script in Report Writer?

Gob

Hi. I want to create a Report, but I cannot get a results in Report Writer.

It's a very simple script.

IF OBJECT_ID(N'tempdb..#t_out', N'U') IS NOT NULL 
      DROP TABLE #t_out
      create table #t_out (Cap  Varchar(255), Outage int)

insert #t_out (Cap,Outage)
      select 'asdasdasd',100

select *
      from #t_out

DROP TABLE #t_out

• Re: Is it possible to get  a results  from following sql script in Report Writer?

Hi Gob--

I need a little more information in order to help you.

--what business need are you trying to fill with this report?

--from where is the data that you are putting into the db in the report originating?

Let me know,

Thanks,

M

• Re: Is it possible to get  a results  from following sql script in Report Writer?
              Gob

Hi MarieB. Thank you for your answer. I want to create a Summary Report  from How long each interface or node was down.

This report provides data on the outages duration for each node in selected time period.  

This is a full version of my script. It work perfectly in MS SQL Management Studio.

---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

set dateformat dmy

---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

declare @period smallint

declare @periodbegin datetime

declare @periodend datetime

declare @Sensitivity smallint

--Add here Sensitivity (min), period(days) or periodbegin/periodend==========

set @Sensitivity=25

set @period='31'

set @periodbegin=''

set @periodend=''

--======================================================================

if @period!=''

begin

set @periodbegin=(GetDate()-@period)

set @periodend=getdate()

end

if @periodend='' set @periodend=getdate()

--============================create temp table==========================

DROP TABLE #t_out

create table #t_out (Caption  Varchar(255), OutageDurationInMinutes int)

--=======================================================================

insert #t_out (Caption,OutageDurationInMinutes)

--===================fill in (begin)===================

SELECT

Nodes.Caption,

------------------------------Add here another column-------------------

--address,        

------------------------------------------------------------------------                     

DATEDIFF(Mi, StartTime.EventTime, (SELECT TOP 1 EventTime FROM Events AS Endtime

WHERE

EndTime.EventTime > StartTime.EventTime AND

EndTime.EventType = 5 AND EndTime.NetObjectType = 'N' AND

EndTime.NetworkNode = StartTime.NetworkNode ORDER BY EndTime.EventTime))

AS OutageDurationInMinutes

FROM Events StartTime INNER JOIN Nodes ON

StartTime.NetworkNode = Nodes.NodeID

WHERE

(StartTime.EventType = 1) AND

(StartTime.NetObjectType = 'N') AND (

---------------------------------period---------------------

EventTime > @periodbegin

AND EventTime < @periodend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

)and (DATEDIFF(Mi, StartTime.EventTime, (SELECT TOP 1 EventTime FROM Events AS Endtime

WHERE

EndTime.EventTime > StartTime.EventTime AND

EndTime.EventType = 5 AND EndTime.NetObjectType = 'N' AND

EndTime.NetworkNode = StartTime.NetworkNode ORDER BY EndTime.EventTime)))

--------------------------------------Sensitivity (min)-----------------------

> @Sensitivity

---------------------------------------Add here another filter---------------------

--                                             and caption like '%pix%'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                            

ORDER BY caption asc

--===================fill in (END)===================

select caption, sum(OutageDurationInMinutes) as OutageDurationInMinutes,

cast(floor (sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)/60) as varchar(3))+':'+cast(sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)-60*floor (sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)/60) as varchar(2)) as OutageDurationInHours

from #t_out

group by caption

DROP TABLE #t_out

TXNOGAS

What would be the format of periodbegin= & periodend=???

I've tried the following???

periodbegin='02/14/2010' & periodend='02/15/2010'

periodbegin='2/14/2010' & periodend='2/15/2010'

periodbegin='02142010' & periodend='02152010'

periodbegin='2142010' & periodend='2152010'

cdh

I actually hijacked this report too!  :)  (Thanks Gob!)

I created 2 reports - Outage Duration by Device - Last 7 Days and Last 31 Days.  The only field I modified was:

--Add here Sensitivity (min), period(days) or periodbegin/periodend==========
                  set @Sensitivity=25
                  set @period='31'
                  set @periodbegin=''
                  set @periodend=''

I changed it to '7'.

Not a SQL expert by any means, but that appears to have done the trick.

Gob

Hi All.

What would be the format of periodbegin= & periodend=???

Date format is dmy . If you want to use a custom period you should  set @period to nothing. For example.

set @period=''
                    set @periodbegin='20-02-2009'
                    set @periodend='01-03-2009'

charpham , you can use any columns from Nodes table for your filter. Including your custom properties. Which columns do you can to use? Try this simple query

select top 10 * from nodes

in MS SQL Management studio or in Report Writer.

Then find this line in my script and correct it for self.

---------------------------------------Add here another filter---------------------

--and (device_type='router' or device_type='switch') and device_type<>'firewall' 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks.. This worked regarding the filters... The one I would like to do is add two more "columns" to the table "Site_Location" and Device_Type" but I am not sure how this can be done.. so it would look something like this...

Caption            Site_Location        Device_Type     OutageDurationInHours   OutageDurationInMinustes

router XXXX     las vegas               WAN                  1:4                                   64

thanks again for your help

Gob

It's easy.

--============================create temp table==========================
                            DROP TABLE #t_out
                            create table #t_out (Caption  Varchar(255),Site_Location  Varchar(255),Device_Type  Varchar(255), OutageDurationInMinutes int)
                            --=======================================================================
                            insert #t_out (Caption,Site_Location,Device_Type,OutageDurationInMinutes)

------------------------------Add here another column-------------------
                            Site_Location,Device_Type,    
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------

select caption,Site_Location,Device_Type, sum(OutageDurationInMinutes) as OutageDurationInMinutes,
                            cast(floor (sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)/60) as varchar(3))+':'+cast(sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)-60*floor (sum(OutageDurationInMinutes)/60) as varchar(2)) as OutageDurationInHours
                            from #t_out
                            group by caption,Site_Location,Device_Type