2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 11:16 AM by MarieB

Removing 600 interfaces from error monitoring

meenac

I removed "Interface error" monitoring from our 600 wireless access points in one day. I think this caused the polling engine to go unstable and it was down 75% of the day. I worked with support and we did a few things but now the polling engine is stable but still the charts are showing no data and I can easily see wholes in the graph.

I upgraded to 9.5.1 on Monday but deleted 600 interfaces on Wednesday and the problem started happening on Wednesday.

How can I fix this? I am not sure if removing the interfaces caused it but seems like it. We cleaned up the database and also did few things but nothing seems to help.

Meena

• Re: Removing 600 interfaces from error monitoring
          meenac

Well, I looked the data more closely now and I see holes in the data starting Monday night itself. I am also seeing holes on Tuesday and Wednesday early morning and this is all before I started turning off the "interface error" monitoring on the access points.

In addition to 9.5.1 upgrade, I also moved the SQL database from a 2000 standard edition stand alone server to a 2005 enterprise edition running on a cluster.

Meena