2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 11:16 AM by MarieB

Removing 600 interfaces from error monitoring

meenac

I removed "Interface error" monitoring from our 600 wireless access points in one day. I think this caused the polling engine to go unstable and it was down 75% of the day. I worked with support and we did a few things but now the polling engine is stable but still the charts are showing no data and I can easily see wholes in the graph.

I upgraded to 9.5.1 on Monday but deleted 600 interfaces on Wednesday and the problem started happening on Wednesday.

How can I fix this? I am not sure if removing the interfaces caused it but seems like it. We cleaned up the database and also did few things but nothing seems to help.

Meena

• Re: Removing 600 interfaces from error monitoring
          meenac

Well, I looked the data more closely now and I see holes in the data starting Monday night itself. I am also seeing holes on Tuesday and Wednesday early morning and this is all before I started turning off the "interface error" monitoring on the access points.

In addition to 9.5.1 upgrade, I also moved the SQL database from a 2000 standard edition stand alone server to a 2005 enterprise edition running on a cluster.

Meena

• Re: Removing 600 interfaces from error monitoring

HI Meenac--

Did this issue resolve?

I'll let the product manager know but if it's still an issue, go ahead and open a support ticket as well. In order to receive technical support, you will need to be current on your SolarWinds maintenance. Complete the form. You will not be able to upload your Orion diagnostics, but you will receive an email back that allows you to upload diagnostics.

M