3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 3:22 PM by rgward

What happened to the Wireless summary view?

rgward

Just recently upgraded 9.1 sp5 to 9.5.1 and began testing out the wireless functionality.  In 9.1 the Wireless Summary page consisted of a Wireless Network Map, Wireless Network Summary, Top 10 Wireless Clients. All Active clients and other resources.  What happened to them?  I can't seem to find them.  9.5.1 Wireless Summary page looks like a "Manage Nodes" page.  This is inconsistent with other Summary views like APM, IPSLA, IPAM, NCM.  It seems many of the old 9.1 wireless resources are gone.  I'd like to recreate a new Wireless Network Summary view and change the Wireless link on the Views toolbar to display the new view.  Is this possible? 

Is there a table that shows what resources are filterable?  It's a pain and very time consuming to load each resource and then edit it to only find out it doesn't support filtering and then have to delete it and search for another resource that might meet your need.  It would be real nice if all/most resources supported filtering.  This would give great flexibility to the product.

• Re: What happened to the Wireless summary view?
          rgward

Can someone from SW respond why the diff please?  What happened to the old resources? Is it possible to replace the default Wireless view with a custom view?  Our NOC doesn't like it at all.

bshopp

Most of those resources still exist, they are just not on a single page as they were before.  Prior to 9.5 this was a module, to your comment on summary views, but with 9.5 this is included in the base NPM install.

You can create a new view with Wireless maps and top 10's.  Some of them we did remove and we are taking feedback if we need to introduce them back, so would love to hear you thoughts on this.

You can remove the wireless link from the user nav and create a new one with this summary page you are interested in.

rgward

Brandon,

Thanks for the tip on how to change the Summary page.  On the 9.5 summary page there are views for Autonomous and Rogue APs.  Are there resources for these views or resources that can be filtered to display them?   If they are in the list of resource views I'm missing them.

The most limiting factor I see is not being able to use filtering in numerous resources (like the All Nodes-AJAX resource).  This functionality should be standard template across the board on all Orion views.

Another issue I have in general is when you Preview a view within Manage Views it shoud select a device that meets the node/interface criteria for the view instead of defaulting to what appears to be the first node in the database.  For many resource views, it results in no data results returned.