2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 6:15 PM by chris.lapoint

Feature Request  Re:  Accounts

tonyled

I found a couple of old threads regarding this but they didnt get too much attention.

When adding/creating accounts I hate having to reinvent the wheel every time so the ability to copy accounts would help tremendously.  This would allow me to create one template and copy it to multiple users.

• Re: Feature Request  Re:  Accounts
          byrona

It sounds to me like you are talking about the concept of Roles.  You setup a role which is basically as set of permissions or like a template.  You then assign different users to the appropriate roles.

I agree, this is definitely needed.  Personally a bit of an overhaul is needed for the account management system including more granular permissions that also account for the additional modules that Orion offers.

• Re: Feature Request  Re:  Accounts
              chris.lapoint

We hear you.  We're looking at the concept of Roles in the context of AD integration.   We realize the last thing you need is another attribute to manage, so the idea is to provide the ability to assign specific AD groups capabilities in NPM.   Then, you can just add accounts to the AD group and they automatically get the appropriate permissions in NPM.  Does this sound like what you're looking for?