This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Port 2055 enough for NTA 3.5?

Hi,

We had just installed NTA 3.5 in our NPM and so far all I can see in the pie charts for the protocols monitored is ICMP. Our server is connected via Cisco FWSM, which does the routing for our various VRFs, into our backbone of routers. In order for NTA to collect netflow data, i understand that we have just to allow port 2055 in the firewall right?or that is not enough for NTA to capture the other protocols beside ICMP?

Hoping you'll have some ideas to share for this problem :)

Thanks so much!

- Pau

• Hi Pau,

2055 is the default port we use for SolarWinds NTA. Set your NetFlow enabled devices to send to the Orion NTA server IP address on port 2055 and make sure there is an IP path on 2055 from the devices to Orion NTA. You will need the NetFlow enabled devices and export interfaces managed by Orion as well so you'll need port 161 bidirectionally as well.

• Thanks a lot Andy, that clears things up.

- Pau

• Sir Andy,

Im Pau's teamates,

Netflow enabled devices were already defined to send to NTA server IP address on port 2055. I also understand that since netflow is udp, it is only unidirectional (from devices to server ip on prot 2055).

Also, I would like to ask below:

1. what to check regarding port 161?

2. And are there any bugs on NTA ver 3.5?

3. First error encountered is the FlowCorrelation table so we try to rename it to db. Another error appeared which is error while executing script-Invalid object name 'dbo._TableInfo'. Is renaming 'flowcorrelation PreDNS table' related to error we are experiencing upon installation of NTA ver3.5?

• Port 161 is required between the netflow source and the Orion NTA server. This is so Orion can SNMP manage the node, a requirement of managing it with NTA.

Here are the steps you shoud take. Add the Netflow sources as managed nodes in Orion. If this fails then make sure port 161 is allowed between Orion and the exporters.

Changing table names can be problematic so I don't recommend it. Known bugs are on the release notes.  If you get stuck you can call support and we'll help.

• So was the solution (if any) located within the firewall blocking port 2055?  I have the same issue on my NF Interface Details view, only ICMP traffic. 

Device and interfaces are properly communicating with System Manager and NTA.

• Same thing is happening with our NTA. We configured netflow on our interfaces which caters internet traffic to our subscribers and I haven't seen HTTP being monitored at all. I also looked into the monitored ports in the NTA settings and I haven't found HTTP listed, so maybe that's the big reason, but how can HTTP be not included? I already raised a ticket on this and I hope I can get some help on this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share something helpful about this. :)

- Pau