This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't add Riverbed into NPM

I'm struggling to add a particular Riverbed on my network into NPM(9.5.1).

The Riverbed model is a 1010 running 5.0.4a, I have several other identicals devices all in NPM with no problems.

The issue arises when I try to validate snmp. I've tried multiple strings, I've tried the RO and RW strings, in their respective boxes.

I am receiving SNMP traps and Netflow data (or at least an alert that netflow is coming from the device I can't add) I just can't seem to manage the damn thing.

I'm a bit stuck.

Any suggestions?

• you probably already know this but SNMP strings can be case sensitive...this has bitten me a few times in the past. like trying 'public' and it should be 'PUBLIC'.

have you tried using the same SNMP string coming in from the TRAP you're getting?

does Riverbed's SNMP config include a field like Windows, that is, like "ACCEPT SNMP PACKETS ONLY FROM ..." - maybe your Orion IP is incorrect in that area.

good luck!

• turns out I've been making an extremely bone-headed mistake.

The primary interface on the riverbed was down, and I'd failed to check it. D'oh!