This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DB.Backup.CatTools creates partial backup of database

Hi!

I have created a DB.Backup.CatTools activity which is reporting the error:

Errors Occured, Database could not be backed up.

The database backup file is created, but after the activity ends it has only a size of about 2.5MB. A file created by a manual backup has a size of about 76MB.

Any ideas?

Before someone asks: the target drive HAS enough free space! ;-)

• Hi Lls71 - I would suggest opening a support ticket to get to the bottom of this. 

Thanks, 

Christine

• Hi Lls71,

There is an issue with the Main.DB.Backup.CatTools.txt script in version 3.4.0 which reports the backup failed when it has in fact worked (my bad). I attach an updated version which resolves this issue. Backup your existing script first then copy the one attached into your CatTools scripts folder.

With respect to the database size I believe this is because as part of the database backup activity we perform a squeeze so the backed up file should be considerably smaller. If you took a copy of the backup database and then in CatTools File|Database|Open/New switch to this you will be able to check that it's got everything. (Don't forget to switch back after the test.)

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Wardini

• Hi Wardini!

Thanks for the script, now it works fine!