This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APIs in Orion NPM

Would it be accurate to describe the Network Sonar in Orion NPM as an "API" for bulk node addition?

What Manage Nodes on the website, could that be considered a true API for bulk node deletion?

Thanks.

• If you made a Custom 'NODE' Property - say "TRASH"

Then Copy-Paste the word TOBEREMOVED into this TRASH field so that this word designates Nodes in the Custom Property-gui. This can be done quickly if you sort by most any field so you can pick and choose those you will want to evenutally delete.

Then go into Manage Nodes and select your property TRASH and you'll see a list of all of those you flagged TOBEREMOVED - click that and it will list them and then place a check in the topmost button which will in turn check all of those TRASH nodes then click the DELETE and remove the bulk.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks lchance, but I was actually only asking if the Network Sonar and Manage Nodes functions could be considered true "APIs".

• First I don't see how either of the two SW's applications could be called an Application Programmers Interface.  To me a an API is a published list of function calls that can be used by programmers for direct interface to a products underlying functions.  As far as I know SolarWinds doesn't offer an API.

@lchance

I actually like this little selection trick you came up with for a bulk remove in manage nodes... Over time you can mark nodes "TO BE REMOVED" and then later get them all at once :}