1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 9:56 AM by chris.lapoint

A couple of Issues

jonchill

Great tool and very useful for us to give our non-network engineers the ability to make basic changes to configs.

A couple of points

1. Could the interface speed be changed to give a real world number rather than an abbreviated one.

2. In the VLAN script when I come to select the interfaces I want to change the existing VLAN isn't displayed as part. of the Interface details and this makes it difficult to decide for non-engineers if the interface already correctly resides in the correct VLAN.

3. In a future version would it be possible to password protect the inventory settings as we wouldn't want anyone and everyone changing the settings as we see the best use for this sitting on a server that allows multi access.

4. Would it be possible to get duplex interface details as there are occasions when we get duplex mis-matches and this would be an easy solution to sort the problem out using the software.

Thanks

Jon

• Re: A couple of Issues
          chris.lapoint

1. Could the interface speed be changed to give a real world number rather than an abbreviated one.

We've captured this one

2. In the VLAN script when I come to select the interfaces I want to change the existing VLAN isn't displayed as part. of the Interface details and this makes it difficult to decide for non-engineers if the interface already correctly resides in the correct VLAN.

Good point.   We'll look into whether it's possible to merge VLAN info into the interface selector.

3. In a future version would it be possible to password protect the inventory settings as we wouldn't want anyone and everyone changing the settings as we see the best use for this sitting on a server that allows multi access.

We've captured this one

4. Would it be possible to get duplex interface details as there are occasions when we get duplex mis-matches and this would be an easy solution to sort the problem out using the software.

Can you elaborate on how you would use this information in a config change template?    Are you saying you'd like the change template logic to figure out where there are duplex mismatches?