4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 1:01 PM by shassan

Increasing time so web reports don't time out

There was a file you could modify to give a report more time to run before the web server timed out the request. I don't remember which file it was. Anyone care to remind me?

• Re: Increasing time so web reports don't time out

Hi James--

I've investigated this and can't find the answer so I'm going to mark this one for development. If they don't get back to you or you don't hear from the community, post here again.

M

Tomas.Mlcoch

Maybe you mean executionTimeout attribute in web.config file. It set mamximu number of seconds a request is allowed to run before web server kill it. Default value is 90 seconds so if you want to enlarge timeout interval you shoudl find web.config in root folder of Orion web and insert in first <system.web> section:
                <httpRuntime executionTimeout="seconds"/>

where seconds set the timeout interval.

Hope it'll help you.

Cheers

The one I was thinking of is the following, but this begs the question which one is used and if one has precedence over the other? 

The file is SWNetPerfMon.db, also in the root folder. And the line to modify is:

!    Database Command timeout in seconds
                CommandTimeout=300

EDIT: Web.config is in the Inetpub Solarwinds root folder, and the SWNetPerfMon.db file is in the Orion Solarwinds root folder.

shassan

It is in the web.config file. You need to modify the time for

<location path="Orion/Reports/Preview.aspx">

<system.web>

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="16096" executionTimeout="600" />

</system.web>

So 600 seconds (or whatever you have) becomes 1000 seconds, for example.