This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM 9.5.1

Orion NPM 9.5.1 appeared in our customer portal last night. Since we have been testing the RC for a few weeks, I had enough confidence to put it into production today (multiple pollers, additional web server and hot-standby).

The great news for us is that the syslog and events web pages have had massive performance improvements.

We can now effectively use the syslog webpage - page load time has gone from 25+ seconds to <2 seconds (like a late Christmas present!).

Thanks to the developers!

Just a note for users however - you do need a modern browser to get the full gains. Our testing shows that IE6 just doesn't cut it anymore for adequate performance in Orion.

Dave.

• Very nice.  I will have to look into upgrading our system.  The syslog portion is starting to become used much more than we anticipated when we implemented Orion.

Any word on allowing multiple nodes to have the same IP?

Thanks for all your work.

• As far as I know, 9.5.1. contains bug fixes and some performance enhancements only.

Dave.

• Jason, Dave is correct.  9.5.1 was more focused on bug fixes and performance, not so much product enhancements

• Is there any practical reason to update 9.5.1RC2 to 9.5.1? We are quite pleased with the RC2 (thanks for that!) at the moment.

Btw, there is no announce in the announcements forum yet.

Markku

• No, RC2 is what is not GA, so no need to upgrade.

Announcement on forum will be coming shortly

• When I upgraded to 9.5.1 this morning I lost my node properties through the web.

When I edit a node under Node Management I see the node name, IP, SNMP info and Polling but no Node Properties. I verified this against a 9.5 SP4 server that I had not upgraded and it still had properties.

I then ran the Config Wizard (which did not prompt for after I upgraded to 9.5.1 - it just asked to reboot the server).

Once I reran the Config Wizard everything worked as expected.
  • FYI, 9.5.1 is now generally available.   See this announcement for more details.

• Scott, once you did the reboot did the configuration wizard start automatically or did you have to start it?

If during installation is locked a file (e.g. a service) so the Windows Installer set up a reboot and the ConfigWizard is not started. After reboot there should be ConfigWizard started  automatically.

If this did not occur, can you please open a ticket, reference this thread with diagnostics included please. 

• No, it did not prompt or start the CW after the reboot. Once I kicked it off then it sensed that it needed to be run for the NPM. My upgrade on my second server went smoother than my first (same thing with the CW though). On my first server I have had to run the CW 3 times so far. The last time I did it for all pieces. I am keeping my fingers crossed.... and my toes.

Will open a ticket.

• Is it possible to run this upgrade without losing all of my customizations, or am I the only one that has added company logos and such to the Orion screens?

I've made changes to a few of the views (login screen, node details. etc.) that always seem to be reset back to default every time I install a service pack. Now that my system is live, I can't afford to lose those changes - again.

Keep in mind all of the changes I have made are cosmetic to make the product just a little more personalized for our environment.

-Ken