2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 10:17 AM by svintinner

Mass Edit Network device threshold for specific groups??

Hi

My company has invested in IPMonitor V10 recently and I have been tasked with setting it up for our small data centre. I have been learning it and finding it very useful already, however now that I have all the infrastructure in and just enabled email alerting I have started to get a lot of alerts so need to fine tune the thresholds on a few things.

One of the biggest alert problems is Network card interface traffic, over night we run SQL backups across a 1Gbit network. However when I setup the groups of monitors I believe the standard network threshold is designed for a 100Mbit network hence we are getting a lot of interface alerts overnight.

I was hoping there would be a way to use mass edit to adjust an entire group of monitors? I do not want to adjust every NIC in the “My Network” area but just the Nics in some of my sub groups, can anyone tell me if this is possible? 

I would also like to do the same thing for CPU thresholds? I have found posts that tell me how to mass adjust things but it seems to only let me do it for every NIC monitor in IPMonitor and not just for a whole sub group?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks