This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor Polling Engine

Hi,

After making changes to Polls Per Sec Tuning, restarted the service and now the Engine Status = Stopped under Monitor Polling Engine WEB Server. I tried restarting the all services using Orion Service Manager and the Solarwinds NPM service is stuck. I cannot restart the service.

Polling Engine on SVC-NETMON-WEB
Engine Status   Polling Engine Down
  • Hi,

After making changes to Polls Per Sec Tuning, restarted the service and now the Engine Status = Stopped under Monitor Polling Engine WEB Server. I tried restarting the all services using Orion Service Manager and the Solarwinds NPM service is stuck. I cannot restart the service.

Polling Engine on SVC-NETMON-WEB
    Engine Status    Polling Engine Down

Did you tried killing the service in task Manager?

Though in my case i have shutdown and restart everything but still no go, a restart of the box fixed it. Hope Solarwinds Tech guy can comment on this

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This has been an ongoing issue with us. Everytime we shutdown the server for upgrade/relocating to the Data Centre/maintenance, under Monitor Polling Engine the Engine Status for the WEB server is stopped. A reboot will fix it but it's not a permanent fix.

Anyone have any idea on a fix for this?

Thanks

• I have resolve mine by reformatting the polling engine and install from scratch. I suspect any upgrade or reinstallation still remain some footprints of the previous buggy version

• Well, I have the same problem, it´s when I shutdown the netperfmon service, so, it restarts, but the polling engine stays stopped, what I have done is opening the system manager and the polling engine starts to work.

This is normal?