4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 9:19 AM by jwilder

HTTP Get request

jwilder

Hello all, hopefully this is a simple request. We have a need to do some very basic performance monitoring of a website. We would like to use the HTTP Get request to do this. Is there a way to set this monitoring up in the Network Performance Monitor for a specific node?

Thanks!

• Re: HTTP Get request
          DirtySouth

If I understand your question correctly, you are wanting to test HTTP availability. You would need something like Application Performance Monitor (APM) for this. If you have APM already, there are canned templates for this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: HTTP Get request
              jwilder

Hi, Sorry i should have been more clear in my original post. Actually what we are trying to do is use icmp latency timing and the HTTP GET reply timing to help measure link performance for users accessing this particular web server. By using these 2 metrics we should be able to get a fairly good idea of the users overall experience. We understand that there are other factors that can contribute to slow response time, we are just looking for some basic monitoring at this time.

Thanks!