3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 3:30 PM by twildt

Reports

twildt

I need a new report, i am a newbie to npm and netflow traffic analyzer modules.  I can use NPM and Netflow module to barrel down thru a router, then to a wan interface, then i select an endpoint(which is one of my servers).  I want to make this servers netflow information which is traversing through the wan interface i barreled down thru to get to this endpoint, available via a report!!  Any ideas on how to setup the report to view this information?

thanks in advance,

Tom

• Re: Reports
          qle

Have you fiddled around with creating a Netflow - Endpoints report? Exactly what kind of information are you looking to include in this report?

twildt

like i said in first post i need a report that will show history of a node/server's traffic traversing through a netlow interface on a router.

example:

AV server communicating with clients through our wan(which has netflow setup on its interface).  i need to generate a report that will show me the history of that nodes traffic traversing through this interface on the router.

i need to be able to show my boss that for the last month, this server, has had these conversations, with these clients, across the wan, in this office, and as a result its causing bandwidth problems.

is there a tutorial on how to create these reports, training for this, reports maybe that i can download and import, or help from you guys on how to create the report manually?

thanks,

Tom

twildt

you know, here is a better and easier example:

in the current reports that ship with the latest version of NPM and netflow module, there is a report under history netflow reports.  this reports is called:

Top 50 Transmitters - Last 24 Hours

I would like to see the top 50 transmitters, last 24 hours, and WHO THEY ARE TRANSMITTING TO AND THE PROTOCOLS AND BYTES TRANSFERRED DURING EACH CONVERSATION.

How can i edit the report to do this??  This is what i really need.