3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 11:29 AM by MarieB

UnDP Historical Data Source?

byrona

I am curious how Orion determines what data to display when looking at historical UnDP data.  In the database there is a field for Average, Min, and Max.  When I pull up a graph looking at historical data for a UnDP which of these am I looking at? 

I realize that if it's the detailed data that they will all be the same but if the data has been compressed they will not be the same and I need to know the source of the data that is generating that graph.

Can somebody please provide me with what data is being used for the UnDP historical graphs, even specific details as to where in the database I can get this data would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: UnDP Historical Data Source?
          byrona

We are working on a project using SSRS to get data from the database and having that data be the same as what NPM is showing is very important.

If anybody could help me out this this it would be much appreciated!

• Re: UnDP Historical Data Source?
            byrona

I ended up opening a ticket with SolarWinds support and received the following response which answered he question perfectly...

Until a rollup is done on the data the Avg, Min and Max values will all be the same. Once a rollup is done, detail to hourly for example, then you will have unique values for each. And again once when the hourly records are rolled to daily. With that in mind when you look at a graph, unless it is a Min, Max, Avg graph you will be looking at the values from the Average column.