5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 12:33 PM by ecklerwr1

Custom Reports

darkshooter

I would like to see an outage report that lists out the top 10 down MPLS sites for the month and possibly the total down time for each node on the top ten list for that month as well.

• Re: Custom Reports
          robertjuric

You could use the 'Top 25 Percent Down - Last Month' report and modify it to show only the top 10 records and filter only your MPLS sites. However, I'm not sure how to retrieve total down time on a node.

darkshooter

Thanks! that seemed to show me what I want to see for the most part. the only thing I can't figure out how to change in the report is to show total down time instead of percent down. Idealy I would like to see the total hours/minutes the site was down last month. Maybe that requires an advanced SQL report?

DirtySouth

Just to add, you would probably need to create a custom property for the type of WAN circuit (Frame-Relay, MPLS, T1, DS3..etc). Then filter based on that custom property.

darkshooter

Excellent point for anyone else trying to filter out specific criteria...I did that previous to this post and that is what I'm filtering on for this report.

ecklerwr1

There's a report in Contect Exchange with custom SQL for duration which is a good start if you're into SQL:

Outage Duration Last Month

SELECT
                            StartTime.EventTime,
                            Nodes.Caption,
                            Nodes.Location,
                            StartTime.Message,
                            DATEDIFF(Mi, StartTime.EventTime,
                            (SELECT TOP 1
                                EventTime
                                FROM Events AS Endtime
                                WHERE EndTime.EventTime > StartTime.EventTime AND EndTime.EventType = 5
                                    AND EndTime.NetObjectType = 'N'
                                    AND EndTime.NetworkNode = StartTime.NetworkNode
                                ORDER BY EndTime.EventTime)) AS OutageDurationInMinutes

FROM Events StartTime INNER JOIN Nodes ON StartTime.NetworkNode = Nodes.NodeID
                        WHERE (StartTime.EventType = 1) AND (StartTime.NetObjectType = 'N') AND
                        eventtime between dateadd(month, -1, getdate()) and getdate()
                        ORDER BY Nodes.Caption ASC