This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Discovery

Working in a large global company, I'm not the only one handling our network. Sometimes a colleague moves a cable from one port to another on a switch.

The interface is correctly admin. shutdown. Therefore no alerts.

Is there a way setup NPM to find these infracture changes automatically? some kind of scheduled Discovery to find active interfaces.

• my experience has been you have to include every port at first-discovery time then go back behind yourself and set those ports as 'unpluggable'. only later can you begin to find when they are 'active' or not.

if there's a scheduled discovery in NPM which i'm missing then i hope we hear from SW staff in this thread.

i have heard, on good authority, that there's something coming soon to Orion to auto-discover when something goes active on your network - now that may be what you're wanting (and me too).