11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 5:31 AM by gbggri1

Cisco 3745 and 3845 router monitoring power supplies

dsteuerman

A bit of a newbie but managed to become fairly familiar with the alert config thus far.

I have read through most of the posts with respect to Cisco chassis based switches and how to monitor/alert where multiple PS are present. I have been doing a bit of tweaking myself and after a large number of combinations, managed to get the results I wanted (but haven't fully tested). For all switches with single PS, I get the email and event for current switch "Operational Status". For chassis based switches I get the same for both PS (I.E from an alert email ***Node XXXX IP address x.x.x.x Power supply state has changed to status UP, down***) same for all my 7200 routers with dual PS, 4500's, 3750 etc...

The problem:

I have multiple WAN router platforms; some with single PS and some with dual. The ones with dual not only have dual PS but AUX -48V DC PS ports if you were to use a redundant DC PS, which I'm not. The problem is those PS are listed when the Poller polls these routers and produces a 1,1,5,5 for their status. 1,1 for the AC PS and 5,5 for the non existing DC PS.

I've tried multiple rules, combinations to try to ignore this power supplies status, I can’t find anything with regards to admin down these unused DC PS ports etc...

I'm using the ciscoEnvMonSupplyStateTable w RAW VALUE and for the format I'm using the Operational Status (operational status gave me the word UP/DOWN/UNKNOWN opposed to the numbers).

My alerting is very simple:

Poller name_is equal to_ciscoEnvMonSupplyStateTable

Status_is not equal to _UP...

So when I applied this nothing alerts except all my 3745's and 3845's....Any ideas??????

Output from one of my 3845's.

SYS PS1 is present.
              Fan status: Normal
              Input Voltage status: Normal
              DC Output Voltage status: Normal
              Type: AC
              Thermal status: Normal

SYS PS2 is present.
              Fan status: Normal
              Input Voltage status: Normal
              DC Output Voltage status: Normal
              Type: AC
              Thermal status: Normal

AUX(-48V) PS1 is absent.

AUX(-48V) PS2 is absent.

The email I get for the PS status is:

***Node XXXX IP address x.x.x.x Power supply state has changed to status UP, UP, DORMANT, DORMANT