This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog Web Access problems.

It's great when it's working, but never lasts long before it crashes on me.

-Mark

Sometimes the service just stops and I have to restart it:

The UltiDev Cassini Web Server for ASP.NET 2.0 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 2 time(s).

Sometimes it just blows up in the middle of using it and I have to reinstall it:

System.Web

System.Web.HttpRequest

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Catastrophic failure
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.events_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Referrer: netmon:8088/Gateway.aspx

Resource: http://netmon:8088/Events.aspx

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/.../events.asp.

Sometimes I get this error and have to reinstall it:

Session_Start()

System.Web.HttpRequest

Event database initialization failure.

The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event.sdf ]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/.../events.asp.