Using either a predefined or created custom property, you can assign an appropriate location value to each managed node, and then use it in Web Node Management to un/manage nodes on a site-by-site basis.
The following is a general procedure to accomplish and use such a configuration:
- Using an account with administrative privileges, log in to your Orion Web Console.
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Grouping and Access Control > Custom Property Editor.
- Create a custom property for distinguishing each of your various remote locations. For more information about creating custom properties and assigning values, see "Creating Custom Properties" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.
Note: You should only have to do the assignment once, and then as a single fill-in-the-blank step on each subsequent device addition.
- Click Admin in the Views toolbar, and then click Manage Nodes in the Node Management grouping.
- In the Group by dropdown, select the custom property you just created, and then click the custom property corresponding to the devices you are trying to unmanage.
- Check tne Select All checkbox in the node list header.
- Click Unmanage.
- Define your maintenance window, and then click OK.
Thanks! That's perfect. We already had step 1-3 already defined for all of our nodes, this works like a charm. Pretty simple, too.