2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 8:57 AM by JasonKV

IPAM Event Alert

JasonKV

I would like to have an alert sent anytime a Super/Subnet is added or removed. I have not been able to figure out how to do this using the Advanced Alert feature.

Any suggestions on how to makek this happen?

• Re: IPAM Event Alert
          bshopp

So this is not a native out of the box feature we currently support today, however, here are two potential options:

1. With APM it is possible to run a SQL script to look for these occurrences and handle the monitoring and trigger alert process.
          2. Without APM, you can do a custom SQL report looking for subnets added/removed today / this week / whatever.

• Re: IPAM Event Alert
              JasonKV
              • With APM it is possible to run a SQL script to look for these occurrences and handle the monitoring and trigger alert process.

I will give this a try and see if I can creat something that makes sense and is not too messy. Do yo uhave any further insight into exactly what tables or variables I should be using when writing the SQL script in APM?

• Without APM, you can do a custom SQL report looking for subnets added/removed today / this week / whatever.

Reporting is not a problem. I was able to create the desired reports, its alerting on an add/remove that I was not able to figure out.

I