This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Atlas Question - Embedding Information

I'm currently designing new maps as part of our move to a fully managed WAN. currently we have a ring WAN connecting all our sites with two gateways out on to the internet and the sites are split 50 - 50 between each gateway, if a gateway fails all sites go out of the working gateway.

My issue is at the moment out WAN provider won't give us any alert when failover happens and the only way we know its happened if we do a tracert. Sometimes its not necessarily a node down that causes the failover.

What I would like to know is, is it possible to embed something in a Network Atlas map say a tracert result that I can see whos going out of which gateway but also have it automatically every minutes of so run the tracert again so results are always updated?

Thanks

Jon

• not today that I can think of, however, this may work, see this thread what we are working on in NCM here.  Specifically around the NPM/NCM alerting integration.  So if we receive some alert on that gateway, you can kick off a script on a device from NCM, aka a trace route.