3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 9:16 AM by acherman

Feature Request - Change Time Period for Detached Resources

acherman

So, I have the default time period for my NTA resources set to 30 minutes to speed the loading of the charts.  The issue is, if I want to look at a time period greater than that, on a single resource I have to change the time period for the entire view, and wait for the new charts to load for all of the resources in the view.  It would make more sense to be able to detach a single resource (say Top 10 applications) and then change the time period to whatever is needed and only wait for that single resource/chart to load.  If I can hit the edit button on a detached NAT resource and change the number of displayed records, why not be able to change the time period?  This would be similar to detaching a regular NPM resource with all of the customization stuff below (including the chart size, time period, custom or not).

Aaron

• Re: Feature Request - Change Time Period for Detached Resources
          acherman

At the very least allow us to detach the resource after changing the time period and change the chart width.  I just thought I'd have a look to see what protocol traffic was like over the last 24 hours, to see how things changed throughout the day, and the squished together 24 hour chart looked like a blob, with no real detail on hourly changes.

Now, obviously I could go into the view, change to a single column, and make that column wider, but what a pain...

Aaron

ET

Hi,

Unfortunatelly for you, time period filter is defined per view, so it's not part of resource definition as e.g. how many rows you want to see. Detached resource just display last time period defined on view.

But I agree that it could be usefull to change time period also for detached resources or for resources self.

As workaround here, you can change URL parameter "T:" (not best, not user friendly, but .... I'm trying to help). Each NTA resource/view pass time period in URL.

T:Last XX Minutes

T:Last XX Hours

T:Last XX Months

T:Today

T:Yesterday

T:Last hour

Thanks

acherman

Thanks for your input.  I understand that the time period is based on the view, and I am fine with everything on the original load being all the same time period.  But let's be honest here, looking at a 24 hour (or longer??) graph at, like screenshot above, 500 pixels wide, is kind of pointless.  So, the best option is to print out each hour of the day at that width, cut them out and tape them together?  haha  If we can detach an interface traffic graph, change it to the last 24 hours, and expand it to 1800 pixels to see some detail, why not do the same with an NTA resource?  Again, why give us the option of looking at the last 24 hours, or last 30 days (HA HA) if we can't actually see any detail on what changed at what hour or day?