This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Suppression on multiple conditions, a generic configuration?

I have 40 sites and want to limit the amount of advanced alerts I have created for each site. 
I've attached the flow of what I'm looking to accomplish, and I've done this by creating 40
seperate advanced alerts, mulitply by 3 for "business hours", "after hours", & "weekend".

I'd like to reduce the amount of Advanced Alerts configured to 3 from 120.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how?

More info:
If the core (NE) router is down, suppress ALL alerts.
If the remote (FE) router is down, suppress alerts for Nodes behind it.

All routers follow a strict naming convention , i.e.  ROUTER CORE, ROUTER REMABC, ROUTER REMXYZ, etc.
For the core suppression, I can do Node Name is equal to ROUTER CORE
For the remote site compression, I can do Node Name starts with ROUTER REM

My issue is I'm trying combine this into 1 advanced alert and I'm stuck.

• On the chance you never got this figured out, NPM's Dependencies does the filtering for you.  It can discover dependents automatically, or you can over-ride them, or create your own Child Dependency Groups to make dependent on a Parent.

For example:

• A site has a WAN router or Border router (BRT), a Distribution Switch (DSW), and a dozen or more Access Switches (ASW's)
    • Create a group of all ASW's and place them in a Group of Child Dependents
    • Make that Group's Parent the DSW
    • Then create a second group with only the DSW in it as a Child
    • Make that group's Dependency Parent the BRT

Testing:

Any ASW going down will trigger the appropriate alert

UNLESS

The DSW is also down.  Then no ASW's will generate an alert; only the DSW will trigger an alert by being unavailable

UNLESS

The BRT is down.  Then ONLY the BRT will generate a Node Down alert.