10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 2:12 PM by mavturner

PDF Output?

extrands

We frequently share Netflow analysis output with other network teams. It would be great if there were an option to print or export that data directly to a .pdf file, as opposed to capturing the page with something like Snagit.  The data's great, sharing it can be a bit of a problem.  Can this functionality be added to a future release, or is there a way to customize our current instance?

Steve Extrand
      Sr. Network Analyst
       TycoElectronics

NPM SLX 1 Poller 8000 elements
      Netflow SLX 500 interfaces

• Re: PDF Output?
          pacetti

Have you tried building an Orion NTA report using Orion Report Writer and then exporting it as a .pdf?

For more information about creating Orion NTA reports, see "Creating NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Reports" in the SolarWinds Orion NTA Administrator Guide.

For more information about exporting reports from Orion Report Writer, see "Creating Reports : Exporting Reports" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.

extrands

That's great if I want the same thing every time, but if you are looking at a particular interface detail and want to export that it's neither convenient nor scalable to write a custom report every time you want to share the detail.  I simply want to be able to take the screen I am looking at- any screen really, doesn't specifically have to be a NTA report, and export it to a .pdf file.  I want a solution, not a workaround.

Andy McBride

I'll mark this for a Product Manager to look at.

acherman

This is actually a great idea.  With all of the Toolset integration, and the shortcut buttons at the top for web browsing, SSH, Telnet, Ping Traceroute, RDP to a node (even for nodes that don't support some, just looks like a template for every page), why not put one for export to PDF?  While it can be as simple at printing the page to a PDF, it can be a pain to get the formatting and layout right.  How nice would it be to detach a resource and see an Export to PDF button?

Aaron

chris.lapoint

We frequently share Netflow analysis output with other network teams. It would be great if there were an option to print or export that data directly to a .pdf file, as opposed to capturing the page with something like Snagit.  The data's great, sharing it can be a bit of a problem.  Can this functionality be added to a future release, or is there a way to customize our current instance?

As mentioned above, the easiest way to accomplish what you're looking for is to print to PDF using one of the free apps available for doing this.  See attached.  This was created from our online demo using primopdf .

I've also created a feature request for this.  For internal folks, this is being tracked as #3263

extrands

Thanks Chris,

I know what I'm looking for is more of a "Print to PDF" button on the page.  We have so many users of NTA that it would be much simpler to have that then to have to tell them to load a new app.  Thanks for the consideration, and look forward to seeing it at some point in the future.

Hi extrands--

Just so you have it, here is a list of OLD - what we're working onfor the upcoming NTA release. I'll make sure your request gets back to Chris.

M

I am bumping this thread to see if an output option was ever included.  Yes, I could print the page to a pdf using a freeware tool.  But that isnt a desirable option when I have to tell my VP to do it.  I get the inevitable..We paid 50k for this software and it doesnt even have a way to print the graph im looking at on the page?

Not a place I like being in. :)

msass

Is there a way to delay the PDF generate?  From the NetFlow page we have the option of generate PDF.

The system will generate the PDF before the images have completed.

Michael Sass
                          Kettle Foods