This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Arrange Custom Properties for Node

I would like to arrange the 'Custom Properties for Node' in something other than alphabetical.  I have added a few properties and they don't show up in an order that makes sense and i don't know how to arrange them.  If i enter an asset tag it will show up between the address and the city.  Is it possible to arrange the properties to be displayed manually?

Thanks

Tommy

• Hi,

I'm interested to know if this is possible as well.

Thanks

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

It's not possible at the moment, but I've added it to the queue for future consideration.

• Are there any updates on this question?

• It's still on the list and we'll continue to consider it, but we'll need more requests to help prioritize above other items.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to chris.lapoint

yeah, i will second this request...  I live inside custom properties so would actually like them improved a little..

1. ability to rename columns...  not sure how this is done in SQL but i am sure there is a SQL command, if not, a script that exports, deletes, creates and imports automatically...

2. re-arrange the custom properties when viewed int he custom property editor..  is totally ridiculous that they are presented only in the order they are created

3. Ability to add a view filter that does not LONLY apply to one segment.. i want to view custom properties for nodes that have "SPONGEBOB" in "owner" property against nodes, but i also want to see volumes, and interfaces using this same filter but i have to re-apply it every time i switch views

• Please add my request for this function.  We would like the Custom Properties to be displayed in an order other than Alphabetically.

Thanks,

msheehan77

• Would also like to be able to rename columns and sort accordingly...

I would go as far as saying that all Drop Downs and Lists wherever they may be situated should be alphabetised.... Creating new Views and then having to access an unsorted list is abit unexpected

• I really need this feature.  I have in some case 20 custom properties and its a nightmare when key information is all over the place.

• I'll chime in here..

Right now, I have about 60 custom properties per device.

Things that I'd really like to have..

A)  Tell the CSV import to use the damn column headers.  I can't express enough how painful it is to have to manually select the import column matchup.  I'm perfectly capable of exporting the custom properties in the first place and add the headings I need.

B)  Give the export an "Update existing values if present" feature.

I'm working on A and B going in through perl and SQL so I can accomplish this without native support, but I'd rather not have to.

C)  Sort nodes and interfaces by multiple values (custom property/vendor/random other value, interface description/vendor On a related note, not to thread hijack or anything..

Not to thread hijack or anything.. but..

D)  Import/Export Alerts on an overall basis, or even on 3 or 4 different operations for trap, syslog, advanced, and basic.  The key is, I need all the relevant information, from alert name to reset actions, and everything in between.  I need to export all for audit purposes, and import for provisioning purposes.  Unfortunately, the structure of that stuff in the database is a little bit more complex ;)

E)  Custom poller assignments.  I want to be able to create a template, and put nodes in the template automatically upon creation that would equate to something like "all dsx1 interfaces on equipment that's from vendor X, and has value Y in custom property Z".

F)  Alert assignments essentially work this way already, via custom property, which would be a great way to make UnDP's function.

Back on topic..

G)  Custom Property display sorting, I can do it right now alphabetically, which essentially gives me a really crappy view of what stuff looks like.

A better way to handle this would be to create custom property "groups", where I have a CPE group, for interfaces I have a dsx1 on adtran group, whatever..  When I display custom properties, I want to be able to say group by group, then alphabetical, and things will make a lot more sense.

The way we are accomplishing this at the moment, frankly, sucks, we've prepended visually unappealing "aaa_", "bbb_", "ccc_", etc to the majority of our Custom Properties.  Blech.

Peter

• This is something that would make life easier for us as well.