I saw both of these but both refer to programs that do not exist with 9.5. I was on a webex today for an hour and was told that the map on http://oriandemo.solarwinds.com, uses the custom HTML feature in the Web Console which is never mentioned in these posts. In fact most of the comments are from 2007. The map I refer to is the one at bottem left from the National Weather Service.
Yes I know, but the question is how do you get it on the Network Summary page as a real time map like it is on the demo page I referenced. I was told you had to download some content from thwack and then use Custom HTML from the ADMIN section under Manage views. The posts previously mention to me were from 2007 and refer to earlier versions of NPM. Can you walk me though this process or point me to some documentation to do this?
If you want to add the picture as a map with nodes that show status, you cannot. Network Maps cannot have animated backgrounds. If you just want to add the picture follow these steps:
1) Click the "Customize Page" button (top right)
2) add a new resource to one of the columns (the green + button)
3) select Custom HTML resource from the Misc section
4) submit the change and go back to the home page
5) click the Edit button on the new resource
6) add the html code you want to have displayed
Did you get this to work? I put in the html only the code displays. The instructions above are short on details.
Yes I did. I did the following
- Go to Admin
- Select Manage View under the View section
- Select Network Summary and then edit
- I wanted the map in the left column so I pressed the green plus sign in that column
- Expand Miscellaneous - Miscellaneous Resources
- Check the Custom HTML box and then submit
- Now you can position the Custom HTML buy using the up/down arrows to put the map where you want it on the page
- Select Done when complete
- Go back to the home page. You should see a blank box with "edit" and "help" buttons, select "edit"
- Give your map a title
- Since I don't do much HTML programming, I used a program called "kompozer" to generate the code below which puts the active National Weather Map in the box.
- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
<img style="width: 420px; height: 300px;" alt=""
- You can change the link for other maps and you can adjust the width and height to suit. I used this code for other map views in Column 1 and in Column 2
This works great I now have an Ohio view and the national view on my home page now.
The above is not quite true, if you add the map using the Network Atlas, you are able to include a weather map that will refresh at whatever rate you have set for the home page and on top you can overlay the various nodes. However using the HTML resource to have a real time map I will agree you cannot do that.
It would be nice it you could as the refresh method leaves a lot to be desired.
Thanks, Larry, for sharing. I'll make sure the product manager sees this as a Feature Request.