2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2010 3:30 PM by justinh

Mouse Over Pop Ups

jusmax

Good Day,

I would like to say that the mouse over pop ups are a really good idea, however the way it has been implemented makes it a real pain. After editing everything you can think of to keep certain things a secret from your customers that use a Web Portal into whatever devices you allow them to see without giving away IP schemes, machine types, etc., it is disheartening to see all that work go down the drain with one little mouse over pop up that cannot be turned off. Does anyone else have this same problem. Does anyone know when would this be addressed. A simple on off feature could be added. I have seen the other posts about it not being able to be done...yet....however this affects the confidentiality of the information of some of our customers and even ourselves because of this feature. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, it's just that we would prefer it to be better implemented and thought out. Can anyone give us a time frame as to when this feature can be controlled. Thanks.

• Re: Mouse Over Pop Ups
          bshopp

It can be turned off with a workaround

It's a bit of a hack, but it's possible:

Edit the file “C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\js\NetObjectTips.js” and remove the following lines:
              $("a[tooltip!='processed'][href*='NetObject=']").livequery(function() {
                  this.tooltip = 'processed';
                  $.swtooltip(this);
              });

• Re: Mouse Over Pop Ups
              justinh

I know it's a bit of a necro, but I just discovered this little hole myself.

Despite the hack, the question remains, is there going to be a way to turn this off on an account by account basis, or maybe only have them for Admin accounts?