This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

No longer running NTA - how to clean up db??

I am running NPM 9.5 SP4 and I ran NTA for a while but have decided to stop running it.  I am about to install the IP SLA evaluation.  Having read a couple of horror stories from folks install IP SLA and having their db's explode in size, I am backing up my db but would also like to clean it up.

When I ran NTA, it made my normal NetPerfMon db increase in size by quite a few gigs.  It also created the following sub-databases:

NetPerfMon_1.ldf
NetPerfMon_FG1.ldf
NetPerfMon_FG2.ldf
NetPerfMon_FG3.ldf
NetPerfMon_FG4.ldf

The extra db's that were created are, combined, as large as the main db.  How can I clean out all NTA data from the db and get rid of these extra db's??

• Hi warbird,

Support can walk you through this using an internal KB.

Andy

• Andy,

I'd like to say that you've been a welcome addition to the Thwack team.  Your presence on the Forum is certainly noticed and much appreciated.

Would it be possible to post this internal KB to the knowledge base so we can have access to it without contacting support?  I'm dealing with an issue where I can't install NetFlow on a 9.5 installation because it tells me that I need to first install 3.1.  So I install 3.1 and then it tells me to install 3.0.  I install 3.0 and then it tells me when I go to install 3.1 that it doesn't recognize 3.0 as being installed.  Talk about frustrating.  :)  My ticket number is 129472 and I'm currently on-hold to talk with a support rep about this issue.  I need to remove all remants of NTA from my installation and this information would be most helpful.  Thanks!

Robert

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll contact you by IM/email.

Andy

• I just completed the process yesterday afternoon and am waiting on one question to be answered before closing my ticket (129107).  Just as a heads up, you should plan on it taking a little of your time.  30 - 60 minutes, depending.  There are a lot of manual things you must do, hands on.  To be safe, I took my entire Orion instance down for the duration.

The process appears to have worked well but the sub-databases that NTA 3.1 created are still present.  They were greatly reduced in size but not fully deleted.  This is what I am waiting to hear back from support on.

Sounds like you have not actually gotten 3.1 installed yet, so perhaps you will not face this problem.  If you do have the sub-databases already created (see my first post), then I would ask and make sure that installing 3.1 with them already created will not break anything.