10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 8:53 AM by papitts

Kenson's Training Schedule and Information

Kenson is a SolarWinds authorized training partner and is provided the opportunity to display their training schedule here in the Certification forum.  Please direct all questions related to this training to Kenson by replying to this post or contacting them directly.

• Re: Kenson's Training Schedule and Information
          TerryHarding

Kenson's Training Schedule and Information (Updated May 20, 2010)

Kenson is a premier UK SolarWinds Platinum Reseller and EMEA Training and Consultancy Partner, providing value added services based around the full SolarWinds product range. All of our Consultants are qualified SolarWinds Certified Professionals (SCPs).

Kenson offer courses ranging from basic networking training (Network Fundamentals) and specific SolarWinds product training to the flagship 4 day SolarWinds Comprehensive Training Program, covering all aspects of installing, configuring and using Orion Network Performance Monitor and its additional modules, successful completion of which will arm the delegate with all the SolarWinds product knowledge required to achieve SCP accreditation.

Full details on the full range of courses Kenson offers are available on our web site at www.kenson.co.uk

SolarWinds Course Schedule:

Training Course

Duration

Code

Jun 2010

Jul 2010

Aug 2010

Sep 2010

Oct 2010

Nov 2010

Dec 2010

Network   Fundamentals

1 day

PL08

19th

13th

16th

14th

12th

9th

14th

SolarWinds   Engineer’s Toolset

1 day

SW01

21st

26th

23rd

20th

18th

15th

13th

Comprehensive   SolarWinds Training Program

4 days

SW03

FULL

6th – 9th

FULL

21st – 24th

19th – 22nd

16th – 19th

No Course

Bespoke SolarWinds Refresher   Training

1 day

SW05

Dates Available on Request

Scheduled courses are run at  Kenson’s offices in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. On-site courses may be  scheduled on request.

For more information on any of  the above courses or to reserve a place, please contact Kenson either by e-mail to  enquiries@kenson.co.uk, or  by telephone on +44(0)1285 647900.

If you have any questions, comments or requests, please feel free to reply  to this post – we will do our best to accommodate you.

"The Solarwinds training at Kenson was excellent. The trainer not only new the course material very well but was also technically astute, facilitating a holistic approach to the subject matter. I am a network professional with 13 years experience in the field and was pleased to not only learn about how to implement the monitoring product suite but also to pick up some excellent incidental networking knowledge on the way."

Jason Mendonca, Network Infrastructure Manager

jonchill

The training Kenson provided was second to none and I came away with a fuller understanding of the NPM product and modules. The trainer was great and we spent more time hands on configuring NPM than we did 'falling asleep' while looking at the Powerpoint Presentation. It was very much an evolving 4 days in that questions could be asked when required and answers were given if appropriate to the training (Wouldn't give any hints to the the questions in the exam ), bits were skipped if of no interest and more time was given to areas of further interest. All in all a very worthwhile experience and it helped me pass the Solarwinds Certification Exam.

Jon Hill, Senior Network Engineer

TerryHarding

Please note, there has been a change to the dates for the SolarWinds Comprehensive Training Course for February 2010. The amended Course Schedule is as below:

SolarWinds Course Schedule
                  Training CourseDurationCodeCostDec 2009 Jan 2010Feb 2010Mar 2010Apr 2010May 2010
                  Network Fundamentals1 dayPL08£43821st18th15th22nd19th17th
                  SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset1 daySW01£43829th25th22nd29th26th24th
                  Comprehensive SolarWinds Training Program4 daysSW03£1,695FULL19th - 22nd23rd - 26th23rd - 26th20th - 23rd18th - 21st
                  Bespoke SolarWinds Refresher Training1 daySW05£438DOR*

* Dates available on request

Scheduled courses are run at Kenson’s offices in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. On-site courses may be scheduled on request.

For more information on any of the above courses or to reserve a place, please contact Kenson either by e-mail to enquiries@kenson.co.uk, or by telephone on +44(0)1285 647900.

If you have any questions, comments or requests, please feel free to reply to this post – we will do our best to accommodate you.

dgsmith80

Hey All,

Our company are looking at investing some money in Solarwinds Training, and we are already engaged with Kenson. What woudl the course requirements be? I am trying to gauge who from our team would benefit from what level of training. Some of my team don't have full CCNA Training, will this hinder there ability to go on this course, or will it cover most aspects?

Cheers

TerryHarding

Hi dgsmith80,

The pre-requisite for the SolarWinds Comprehensive course is a basic knowledge of networking, such as that gained from our Network Fundamentals course. Full CCNA training is not a requirement and Cisco device configuration to support Orion functionality is fully covered during the course.

If you would like more information, please drop us an e-mail to enquiries@kenson.co.uk and one of our Team will be pleased to help you.

Regards,

Terry

GaryP

Hi folks, just got back from doing the SolarWinds Comprehensive training at Kenson's office in Cirencester today and I wanted to say how great it was. The team are all incredibly friendly and darryld is a knowledgeable and capable trainer who's not afraid to say "I don't know!" when asked something a bit out there.

I'm already trained to CCNA standard but wouldn't say that was necessary to get the most out of the course at all, although it's advisable to have a sound knowledge of the equipment you intend to monitor with the SolarWinds software in advance to really get the most out of the course. If you already have an installation it's also a good idea to make a list of questions you want answering during the week, too. Chances are they'll probably get answered as part of the course but the staff are open to questions and willing to go off on a tangent if time and the other delegated allow.

Overall, highly recommended. I wish all product specific training was run like this (Cisco, I'm looking at you!).