2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 4:47 PM by justinh

Statistics summarization

justinh

I'm trying to sort out some settings on summarization.  If the Detailed -> Hourly slider and the Hourly -> Daily slider are set to the same number, will my statistics then be Detailed -> Daily, skipping Hourly completely?

• Re: Statistics summarization
          qle

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if your sliders are set to the same number (e.g. 7 days), it would mean that detailed stats will summarize to hourly stats after 7 days and then to daily stats after another 7 days. In other words, no, hourly stats would not be skipped and it would be two weeks before detailed stats would summarize to daily stats. Let me know if I'm misinterpreting your question.

• Re: Statistics summarization
              justinh

You interpreted my question just fine, thanks!  However, I've done some investigation on my own.  If what you say is true, then I have a bug where hourly summarization isn't happening.  And this all started because of some issues with 95th percentile numbers getting (possibly) mangled when getting summarized.

What I'd like to see is an answer from an employee who has asked a dev - what is the intended behavior of the sliders, and what is the actual behavior?  Also, did this change?  At some point, has someone verified that the summarization works as qle says?