1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 5:23 PM by qle

Omit device from web console events

matcor9925

I'm currently monitoring a development device that I want to collect utilization and reponse time stats. However, I do not want it to alert me for ANY reason. I've supressed this node in all of my basic/advanced alerts but I'm still getting "interface x up/down" and "request timed out" events in the Events menu on the web console.

How do I omit individual devices from generating events on the web console while still collecting stats?

Orion NPM 9.5 SP4

• Re: Omit device from web console events
          qle

The only way I know how to do this would be to create an account limitation that includes all devices except for your development device. This way, it won't appear in the list of events under your web console account. However, I see a few problems with this

1. It's restricted only to your web console account unless you duplicate this account limitation to other accounts. Even then, it will still display in the Alert Manager on the Orion server
          2. It won't appear at all in the web console such as maps or resources like High CPU Load
          3. This is a lot of trouble to go through to hide a singular device.

Is there any particular reason you want to hide this device? From who are you trying to hide it? You could possible give them another web console account and simply apply the account limitation to their account.