4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 4:48 PM by BlankRat

Orion Network Atlas

Hi,

I've been going through Network Atlas (Orion NPM 9.5 sp3) creating maps of our offices for our main monitoring screen. Atlas has been easy to use and I've been able to get through most things fine.

I've also gone through and created a map for services we provide to our staff, like e-mail. One problem that I have is that I would like to publish an uptime report for this map. It would be great if you could tell the report writer (or web console) to report on nodes only from the selected map but I can't seem to find an easy way of doing that without creating a custom property and labeling all nodes in that map as belonging to the e-mail service.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• Re: Orion Network Atlas
          Ciag

Hi BlankRat,

I'm interested in this too. I'm not aware of any direct link within Atlas and the report writer in this context. So unless there is some commonality already existing between the devices within the map then I don't know of any other way other than using Custom properties to create a map specific node report.  You should submit it as a feature request though as it would be a handy feature to have.  

I'm currently using custom properties to report on nodes within maps. It's really not that much hassle to do at all. I have nearly 50 maps some of which are quite extensive.

Cheers