This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request - Native HPUX Cpu / Memory / Disk Support

Since HP does not use standard MIBs and instead uses their own version within their own OIDs, add native support to change the CPU/Memory Gauges and Disk Volumes to use their OIDs.

I have this setup as UDPs with transforms to calculate the percentages, and tabular UDP to displace drive space, but it would be nice to see it native as the charts are much more well defined, and disk volumes are treated as individual items for history recording.

This is due to restrictions of changes made to the HPUX boxes we have since they are mission critical systems and changing SNMP on these boxes to Net-SNMP would not happen.

I know this is a long shot, but since your making exceptions for VMWare monitoring using their custom API to display information, I figure why not ask for you to do the same with HPUX boxes.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I wouldn't rule it out, but I can tell you that HPUX is not the same category as VMware's ESX.  The former has some presence among our customers, but ESX is nealy ubiquitous.  Regardless, the request is noted.