This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL database limit in Orion NPM

I currently have NPM version 8.5.1 running on a Dell 2950 RAID-5 with 16GB RAM on a dual processors quad cores system, Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2 and latest patches.  I am using Microsoft SQL server 2000 Enterprise Server with Service Pack 4.  I am collecting data from about 100 devices.  This is a legacy system from a company that I am helping out from time to time.  There is no support on the NPM because the customer is moving from Solarwind over to Open-source NAV.  There are still people in the company who likes the windows platform, guess old habits die hard.

What I noticed over the past week is that the performance on the NPM is very slow and sometimes I could not even open the Solarwind System Manager.  It hung at "opening Orion database".  I am only using about 3GB of RAM so I have about 13GB of free RAM.  I noticed that the NetPerform database size is about 40GB.  At that point, I could no longer collect data.  The only way to fix this is restart Microsoft SQL Server.  The problem goes away for a couple days and then come back on its ugly head.

my question is this:  how big can the NetPerform database get before I start running into issues?  Upgrading to version 9.5 SP4 is NOT an option.  Thanks.