In order to monitor a resource over WMI/RPC on a domain other than the one ipMonitor is on, you will need to use one of 2 solutions:
A. Replicate a local account on the ipMonitor system and the remote system you are attempting to monitor. More on this is found here:
B. Use a Credential that uses NTLM Authentication. Here's how:
- Go to Configuration tab.
- Click "Credential List"
- Click New Credential
- Configure the Credential as follows
- For account name, give it "domain\account"
- Enter and confirm the password for this account.
- Check the following boxes:
- May be used with NTLM Authentication Schemes (Windows NT Lan Manager)
- Click OK.
- Now assign this new Credential to the Windows Monitor and click "Force Test".
Does A or B help?
Let me know,
Chris Foley - SolarWinds - Support Specialist
Support: 866.530.8040 | Fax: 512.857.0125
network management simplified | solarwinds.com
Its a great help
no confusion at all....
I had same user id and password created in both domain
in order to enable me to verify the Windows Performance Counters
in "Analysis of Test Results" of this "Windows" monitor.
But the Monitor Status: is "Down".