Is there a specific reason you need to use basic alerts? Generally, we recommend Advanced Alerts, as they are more flexible.
What kind of alert are you trying to configure?
Actually, we have approx 200 interfaces to monitor including LAN & WAN & we want to get only WAN alerts on our mobile (Handy) in case of absense in offce, if we select advance alert then we will get alerts for all interfaces & otherwise we have cofgiure all WAN interfaces one by one which means approx 70-80 seperate alerts wll be confirgured, this will be a big exercise to do.
Please guide if possible..
and while configuring it thru Basic alert, we have option to select interfaces for which we need alerts. That becomes easy to categories interfaces.
It is possible to relatively quickly apply a custom property to multiple interfaces across multiple nodes using Node Management in the Web Console.
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Grouping and Access Control > Custom Property Editor.
- Add or build an interface custom property to identify the WAN interfaces on which you want to alert. For more information, see "Creating Custom Properties" in the SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor Administrator Guide.
You can now either apply custom property values to your interfaces in the Custom Property Editor by clicking Interfaces and then right-click copy-pasting values for appropriate interfaces or you can complete the following procedure to apply values using Node Management in the web console.
- Click Admin > Manage Nodes.
- Above the node list, select Interfaces in the Show menu.
- Check the interfaces to which you want to apply the WAN identification custom property.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Check your new WAN identification property, and then provide an appropriate label to apply to all selected WAN interfaces.
- Click Submit.
- You can now apply an appropriate trigger condition or alert suppression that takes advantage of your new WAN identification property.