Good day stevenchow,
In order to change the threshold values for multiple Bandwidth Monitors, simply use the Mass-Edit Feature. Here's what you would do:
- Go to the Devices.
- On the grey bar, click "Edit -> Mass Edit -> Monitor Properties"
- Use the following parameters:
- Start with: No Monitors
- SmartGroup Filter Rules
- Add Monitors where 'property' 'Type' (Object Type) Matches regular expression: "bandwidth"
- Replace Using Change Rules
- Replace "Last Value Maximum Threshold" by 'Overwrite'. Replace with 700000
- Replace "Maximum Threshold" by Overwrite. Replace with 500000.
Note: If you do not wish to edit all of your bandwidth Monitors, set the SmartGroup Filter Rules accordingly.
Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this.
Chris Foley - SolarWinds - Support Specialist
Support: 866.530.8040 | Fax: 512.857.0125
network management simplified | solarwinds.com
It works ! And I also change the threshold to Kbps.
Thanks for this update; it was helpful.
The product's default thresholds probably should be changed. We have hundreds of gigabit NIC ports on high performance edge and core switches all configured with low, low thresholds.