This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Filtering Netflow from other offices

FormerMember
FormerMember

We have multiple netflow sources 15 in the US is there a way to limit the view that an office has.  (i.e. Our Atlanta office only seeing items related to AT.  Because the would not really care about percent utilization on our Chicago or Columbus offices riverbeds.  I can restrict view on everything but netflow.  Please tell me it's possible and how to do it. 

• You have the option to place NetFlow resources on NPM views. You could do this and remove the NTA tab. 

• Edit the NPM Node view and Interface view and add NetFlow resources you want users to see. 
    • In Admin -> Account Manager edit the user account and set NetFlow Traffic Analysis Settings -> NetFlow Traffic Analysis View to "None"

• Wallaby - was this helpful?

• hi,

i have the same problem, i have more than 10 routers which send NetFlow stats, i create 2 users : 

(user1, homepage : "user1 home" which contains "netflow sources" and "network map")

(user2, homepage : "user2 home" which contains "netflow sources" and "network map")

i want

user1 can view only "Map1" and Netflow from "Router1"

user2 can view only "Map2" and Netflow from "Router2"

First, i "EDIT" "user1 home" and make the necessary changes : i select "Map1" for the Maps and select only "Router1" in "Netflow Sources", the result is OK

When i try to make the same thing for user2, there is no problem for Maps, i select easily "Map2", but in the "Netflow Sources" i found that "Router1" is already selected, if i select only "router2", the views of user2 will be OK but the views of user1 is Not OK because it will display "Router2" is the Netflow Sources ...

Is there any solution ?

Thanks.

• The selection of NetFlow Sources is a global setting and applies across the entire system.  If you deselect an NetFlow Source, it stops collection from this source completely, not just for that user.

To restrict access to specific nodes, you'll need to use Orion account limitations.   Go to Account Manager and edit user1.  Then, select Add Limitation button under Account Limitations.   There you can limit the user to see just specific nodes. 

HTH,

• Thanks for your answer, i have tried it, but there is another pb :

in "user1 home" i have added "view limitation" to "single network node"="router1", at this point only "router1" appear under "netflow sources" it seems OK, but user ask me to add "traffic view builder" to the map, now, when using "traffic view builder" in "Select a Router:" there are all routers sending NetFlow and not only "Router1", the limitation doesn't work properly

• That looks like a bug.  Please open a support ticket on this issue.