3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2009 4:47 PM by bshopp

Problem with user reports

klc2009

I need to make a report available to a customer.  The report already existed, so here is what I did:

I added a resource to their Home Page View "Custom List of Reports" and selected the one report I want to allow them to see.

In Account Manager I edited their account and set the Report Folder to /Reports.

When I preview their Home Page View logged in as myself, this works fine.  But when I log in as the customer, I get a bunch of SQL errors. 

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'Maxbps_In95'. Invalid column name 'Maxbps_Out95'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) etc etc etc

What have I done wrong?

PS Perhaps I should add that both the Home Page View and their account are limited to the same single interface.

• Re: Problem with user reports
          bshopp

Can you create a new folder on the file system called userA and copy that report into that folder and under their account give them access to that folder and give them access to click on reports in the menu nav bar in Orion?

• Re: Problem with user reports
              klc2009

That was the first thing I tried with the same results.  Here is the entire error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'Maxbps_In95'. Invalid column name 'Maxbps_Out95'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand command) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.QueryData(String query, String orderBy, String grouping, String filter, Dictionary`2 macroContext) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()
              It looks like they are not able to query the database? 
              Thanks for any help!
              klc2009