This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP Network Browser Crashes NPM

FormerMember
FormerMember

Just for fun i decided to poll our class B with the IP network browser.. That worked out ok. When i told it to gather all information about all devices.. it starts off with some promise..  however at some point later it crashes the server.

Sadly i did this twice before i made the connection. To bad.. that would have been interesting to look at.

• SLXer - Although I don't recommend scanning a class b with IP Network browser,  I am curious how it crashed the server?  Did it cause a lockup, or make the box unresponsive, or provide some error information?

Thanks,

Greg

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to greg

Yea  not advisable is a good assessment.. I may have caused the server to attempt to create an html file the size of Rhode Island.

As for the exact error message at the time of the crash I was not present either time.

If the app cant handle scans that large I would suggest a limitation.