This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SP4 Breaks Web Page

I have Orion NPM on a 2008 R2 box.  I applied SP4 and recieved the following message when I browse the below web site.  After spending a couple of hours on with the support they said there wasn't anything that could be done about it.  Prior to installint SP4, the website worked fine.  It appears that SP4 does not like IIS 7.5.  From what it seems, the SP4 version doesn't know how to talk to the DB. 

Has anyone else seen this problem or have any work arounds?

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 107:		log.DebugFormat("BeginRequest: {0}", Request.Url);
Line 108:		Context.Items["RequestStartTime"] = DateTime.Now;
Line 109:DatabaseFunctions.RefreshDatabaseConnection();
Line 110:	}
Line 111:

Source File: c:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Global.asax    Line: 109

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   SolarWinds.Orion.Common.OrionConfiguration.GetConnectionStringValue(String connectionString, String valueName) +8
   SolarWinds.Orion.Common.OrionConfiguration.get_ConnectionString() +458
   SolarWinds.Orion.Common.DatabaseFunctions.OpenNewDatabaseConnection(Boolean throwException) +49
   SolarWinds.Orion.Common.DatabaseFunctions.RefreshDatabaseConnection() +36
   ASP.global_asax.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Global.asax:109
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.