3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 10:55 AM by sotherls

Troubleshoot UnDP???

sotherls

I am trying to figure out why my UnDP can poll some Dell servers and get the ServiceTag on some but not all Dell servers. If I test a handful of servers it will read it from some but others it won't. Yet, if I drop down to the Orion server command prompt (as a run-as using the same credentials) and do a WMI call I get a value back.

Is there any log file or some why I can see why it is failing???

Orion 9.1 SP5

• Re: Troubleshoot UnDP???
          bshopp

It sounds like the SNMP agent is not configured properly on some of those Dell servers. What agent are you using?

You could also Wireshark to see if the request/response is working and just not being processed?

sotherls

Thanks for the reply but now I am even more confused. You said that maybe the SNMP was misconfigured on the servers yet I can do a WMI query from the command line of the Orion server to retrieve information yet I can't do so in APM.

I do not know the magic behind APM so I do not know what is being called when but it seems that if I can retrieve the data from command line WMI then so could APM.

BTW - I did load Wireshark and attempt a packet capture between the Orion server and the remote server and I can see DCERPC traffic when I do the WMI cal from the command line but nothing when I trip it from APM. Doesn't look like it is kicking off.

BTW - I also have a ticket open on this 121226

sotherls

Paul O'Rourke in support had me try the action below which fixed the problem.

To register the WMI Scripting Type library:

1. Download swregtlib.zip and extract the swregtlib.exe program to your Orion APM server.
                  2. Click Start > Run on your Orion APM server, type cmd in the Open field, and then click OK.
                  3. Run the following commands in the command window:
                    regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wbemdisp.dll
                    swregtlib C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wbemdisp.TLB